Pages

2 September 2015

Operation Belly Buster Part Deux - The September Edition

5 months ago I had my first surgery ever (frontal lobotomies do not count!) and I could not be more happy with the result. My scar has healed nicely, I have a whole new and improved belly button and it just does not get old to not only feel my abs, but actually see them.


Not exactly like this, but sort of where he's pointing

So today is part two, a month earlier than usual for these procedures, but in the famous words of Britney:  “That is just so typically me” and I am sure it helped that I was so well behaved as a patient that the good doctor agreed to get me in early and be nearly recovered by the time mom and dad come over in October to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. Not that we’ll be doing any bungy jumping or adventure sports (let’s not spoil the surprise just yet), but bleeding all over the furniture seems to upset other diners in restaurants or so I’ve been told.

Hey, it got me this far!
I’ve scanned the below images to give you an impression of where I am coming from. Mind you, this was 8-14 years ago, I’ve been fairly stable since 2010, but just this morning I was leafing through some of the diet logs I kept and there’s about a 12 kilo bandwidth that I seem to go through. 86 in 2010, 93 in 2012, 97 in 2014 and 90 in March 2015, but today it’s 95 again and the operation will only take 1 kilo of that so I've got some work to do.

2000 and 140kg (I think...)

Somewhere in Greece, must be Corfu 2005

Another glorious Corfu Moment in 2005


London 2005

Paris 2006?

Turkey 2004

Poortugaal 2010
Did anyone notice that Yumi basically still looks the same? Damn her!

I think it’s time for a new challenge. Last week I blogged that I am serious about giving away 10% of my first year earnings to charity, I think I’ll match that with reducing my own presence on this planet with an equal 10% and what better way than have 160+ people looking on while I attempt it. I’ll give myself 4 months to drop 9 kilos. Done it before, should be able to do it again, if anybody has an appropriate ‘punishment’ for not making that number, do send me a message and I’ll put it to a vote.

Remember, I said APPROPRIATE....

86 kg by 1-1-2016, has a nice ring to it and with 1850 calories a day, my 15 years of diet experience and with all the running, cycling, kendo, walking and weight lifting, that should be achievable. 

Challenge accepted!


1 comment:

  1. 86 kg by 01/01/16? EASY! Basically after your operation 1 KG a week and you're there :)

    ReplyDelete